The 2016 Chase Race will be held downtown Conway again at Simon Park. And once again, it will be the Arkansas RRCA State 2 mile championship race.
Online registration is now open. We hope to see you on March 12th for a great race to support an even greater cause!
Your early registration will help us in ordering (more accurately) the technical shirts. If you don’t have time to read this long post, simply Click Here to Register.
March 12, 2016 is the date for the 11th Annual Chase Race and Paws. A mail-in entry form is attached. You may also register online at www.chaserace.info. Some of the amenities for this year’s event include:
- A new course for 2016 as requested by Conway Police Department (see official course map) – the race will start/finish at Simon Park, 805 Spring St., Conway.
- Out/back course. Last ¾ mile is downhill for an unbelievable fast finish.
- Last mile of the course will be coned so as to keep fast & slower runners apart.
- Soft cotton-gender cut tee shirts.
- $100 cash to Male or Female that breaks their respective overall time record.
- Complimentary 2017 Entry Form to anyone who breaks an age group record.
- A total of 195 unique trophies will be awarded. Five deep in most age groups.
- Medals to all finishers.
- Chip timing, including start mat. Gun time for 1-mile leashed dog race.
- Participate or watch as over 200 pets run/walk the one-mile leashed to their human.
- Enjoy a delightful Pet Costume Pageant with celebrity judges.
- Rescued Pet Parade
- Pet adoptions
- Chase Race & Paws is a non-profit event. All proceeds from this event are donated to “Arkansas Children’s Hospital” for brain trauma research and “Friends of Conway Animal Shelter” for care and/or treating rescued animals annually. Proceeds from the previous 10 years of the race totaled $118,000. Each agency has received $51,000. Thank you Conway and all race participants.
Please bring a lawn chair for the enjoyment of the refreshments, Pet Costume Pageant, and awards ceremony. Pizza, hot dogs and Chick-Fil-A will be back this year.
The race is an excellent “speed check 2-mile” that may be used to determine your running improvement from last year.
Runners/Walkers/Pets: to your mark…………..…8 AM March 12!
Don L. Potter
Click Here to Register
Please help support the Chase Race by volunteering. We need volunteers for:
- Packet stuffing – Thu Mar 10 (6-9pm)
- Packet pickup – Fri Mar 11 (noon – 2pm)
- Packet pickup – Fri Mar 11 (2-4pm)
- Packet pickup – Fri Mar 11 (4-7pm)
- Pre-Race Set up – Sat Mar 12 (6am)
- Volunteer Check in – Sat Mar 12 (6:30am)
- Packet pickup – Sat Mar 12 (6:30am)
- Starting line – Sat Mar 12 (6:45am)
- Finish line – Sat Mar 12 (6:45am)
- Course Support – Sat Mar 12 (6:45am)
- Water stop on course – Sat Mar 12 (6:45am)
- Water stop at finish line – Sat Mar 12 (6:45am)
- Awards – Sat Mar 12 (7:45am)
- Post race clean up – Sat Mar 12 (8:45am)
Click here to let us know where you would like to help. You’ll be asked for your contact information and we’ll be in touch. There is also an option to sign up for “put me wherever you need me”. Thanks in advance for helping to make the 11th Annual Chase Race the best ever.
This year’s race date will be Saturday, March 12, 2016.
At the request of the Conway Police Department, there will be a new course this year. A map of the new course will be posted soon.
This year, EVERY registered runner will receive a medal this year instead of a ribbon (one medal per runner even if running both races).
2016 race information and a paper registration form can be found here:
2016 Chase Race Registration
Online registration: Runsignup.com
The 2014 Grand Prix calendar is out and the Chase Race has been selected to be the RRCA state championship 2- mile race for the 2015 season. Our association with the Arkansas Grand Prix racing circuit is an important part of our race, bringing competitive runners from running clubs all over the state to run and support our event. We encourage runners of all levels to join a local running club and become part of the Grand Prix circuit.
If you live in the Conway area, join the Conway Running Club and if not, visit the Grand Prix site and find a running club in your area.
The 2014 Chase Race was a huge success.
Click Here to see some of the race photos (Thanks Cindy Stage for sending us this link).
Click Here to see photos taken by the Log Cabin.
Click Here to see photos taken by Arkansas Online.
Click Here for Race Results.
We hope this website provides you all of the basic information you need to get excited about the Chase Race, register for the Chase Race, know how to get to the Chase Race and have an overall great experience at the Chase Race. The best way to stay in touch with the fun details and behind the scenes information about this great event is to Like us on Facebook. Go ahead, click on the image to the right and LIKE the Chase Race and Paws.
There is something exiting and new about the Chase Race this year. The 2013 Chase Race has a new course that will start and finish in downtown Conway at Simon Park. The course will still be flat and fast for the runners and like a walk/run in the park for your pets. Simon Park is located in the heart of downtown Conway, one block south of Toad Suck Square.
To get there, you take the same exit off of I-40 that you always have (Exit 127), but instead of going east away from town, you will turn west towards downtown. This is Oak Street. Front Street is the last street before the railroad tracks. As soon as you pass Walgreens, start looking for a parking place. You can either park on the street or in some of the empty parking lots around downtown. Make your way to Front Street and you can’t miss Simon Park.