Your early registration will help us in ordering (more accurately) the technical shirts. If you don’t have time to read this long post, simply Click Here to Register.
March 7, 2015 is the date for the 10th Annual Chase Race and Paws. The event is only 47 days away. An entry form is attached. You may also register online at www.chaserace.info. Some of the amenities for this year’s event include:
- Third year for the new course – the race will start/finish at Simon Park, 805 Spring St., Conway.
- One loop course. No out and back sections. Last ¾ mile is downhill for an unbelievable fast finish.
- Technical Tee shirts. The shirts are A-4 and are from a new fabric that will be woven and runner friendly. Adult female Tees will be “V” neck except for youth sizes (regular Tees will be provided for youth).
- $100 cash to Male or Female that breaks their respective overall time record.
- Complimentary 2016 Entry Form to anyone who breaks an age group record.
- A total of 195 unique trophies will be awarded. Five deep in most age groups.
- Ribbons to all finishers.
- Chip timing, including start mat.
- Participate or watch as over 200 pets run/walk the one-mile leashed to their human.
- Enjoy a delightful Pet Costume Pageant (celebrity judges includes our police chief, circuit judges, and others).
- Rescued Pet Parade
- Pet adoptions
- Chase Race & Paws is a non-profit event. All proceeds from the event are donated to “Arkansas Children’s Hospital” for brain trauma research and “Friends of Conway Animal Shelter” for care and/or treating rescued animals annually. Proceeds from the previous 9 years of the race totaled $103,000. Each agency has received $51,500. Thank you Conway and all race participants.
Please bring a lawn chair for the enjoyment of the refreshments, Pet Costume Pageant, and awards ceremony. Pizza, hot dogs and Chick-Fil-A will be back this year.
The race is an excellent “check 2-mile” to determine your running improvement from last year.
Runners/Walkers/Pets: to your mark…………..…8 AM March 7!
Don L. Potter
Click Here to Register
Due to the overwhelming response to the downtown Conway location, the 2015 Chase Race will be held downtown Conway again! And once again, it will be the Arkansas RRCA State 2 mile championship race.
Online registration is now open. We hope to see you on March 7th for a great little race to support a great big cause!
The 2014 Grand Prix calendar is out and the Chase Race has been selected to be the RRCA state championship 2- mile race for the 2015 season. Our association with the Arkansas Grand Prix racing circuit is an important part of our race, bringing competitive runners from running clubs all over the state to run and support our event. We encourage runners of all levels to join a local running club and become part of the Grand Prix circuit.
If you live in the Conway area, join the Conway Running Club and if not, visit the Grand Prix site and find a running club in your area.
The 2014 Chase Race was a huge success.
Click Here to see some of the race photos (Thanks Cindy Stage for sending us this link).
Click Here to see photos taken by the Log Cabin.
Click Here to see photos taken by Arkansas Online.
Click Here for Race Results.
We hope this website provides you all of the basic information you need to get excited about the Chase Race, register for the Chase Race, know how to get to the Chase Race and have an overall great experience at the Chase Race. The best way to stay in touch with the fun details and behind the scenes information about this great event is to Like us on Facebook. Go ahead, click on the image to the right and LIKE the Chase Race and Paws.
There is something exiting and new about the Chase Race this year. The 2013 Chase Race has a new course that will start and finish in downtown Conway at Simon Park. The course will still be flat and fast for the runners and like a walk/run in the park for your pets. Simon Park is located in the heart of downtown Conway, one block south of Toad Suck Square.
To get there, you take the same exit off of I-40 that you always have (Exit 127), but instead of going east away from town, you will turn west towards downtown. This is Oak Street. Front Street is the last street before the railroad tracks. As soon as you pass Walgreens, start looking for a parking place. You can either park on the street or in some of the empty parking lots around downtown. Make your way to Front Street and you can’t miss Simon Park.