Please help support the Chase Race by volunteering. We need volunteers for:
- Packet stuffing – Thu Mar 10 (6-9pm)
- Packet pickup – Fri Mar 11 (noon – 2pm)
- Packet pickup – Fri Mar 11 (2-4pm)
- Packet pickup – Fri Mar 11 (4-7pm)
- Pre-Race Set up – Sat Mar 12 (6am)
- Volunteer Check in – Sat Mar 12 (6:30am)
- Packet pickup – Sat Mar 12 (6:30am)
- Starting line – Sat Mar 12 (6:45am)
- Finish line – Sat Mar 12 (6:45am)
- Course Support – Sat Mar 12 (6:45am)
- Water stop on course – Sat Mar 12 (6:45am)
- Water stop at finish line – Sat Mar 12 (6:45am)
- Awards – Sat Mar 12 (7:45am)
- Post race clean up – Sat Mar 12 (8:45am)
Click here to let us know where you would like to help. You’ll be asked for your contact information and we’ll be in touch. There is also an option to sign up for “put me wherever you need me”. Thanks in advance for helping to make the 11th Annual Chase Race the best ever.
This year’s race date will be Saturday, March 12, 2016.
At the request of the Conway Police Department, there will be a new course this year. A map of the new course will be posted soon.
This year, EVERY registered runner will receive a medal this year instead of a ribbon (one medal per runner even if running both races).
2016 race information and a paper registration form can be found here:
2016 Chase Race Registration
Online registration: Runsignup.com
FULL STEAM AHEAD
We are excited to report that the roads are looking great, the weather forecast is excellent with melting weather tomorrow and perfect race weather on Saturday, we are stuffing packets and are on track to put on a 10th Anniversary level event this Saturday.
If there is any change we will post on FaceBook and at on this website immediately. See you Saturday!!!!!
The Chase Race committee is busy getting everything in place for a fast and fun race this Saturday morning; stuffing packets, monitoring course conditions, etc. Mother nature dropped some snow on the course last night and we will be working over the next few days to make sure the course is safe and ready for the race.
We will update our Facebook page and this website with details. Saturday weather looks to be perfect race weather and we look forward to seeing you at the 10th Annual Chase Race. Look for a more detailed update at 5pm today (Thursday).
ONLY 4 days left until the 10th Anniversary Chase Race, Arkansas’s Championship 2 mile event, with a 1 mile race with your pet and a lot of fun and prizes thrown in for fun.
We have race day registration from 6:30 – 7:45 but it is extremely helpful if you register in advance. Complete details are at www.chaserace.info.
To register right now, click here.
Considering recent weather, the weather looks to be perfect – 30’s-40’s and 0% chance of rain on Saturday.
We look forward to seeing you downtown Conway this Saturday for a fast, brisk run for 2 great causes. All speeds, sizes, ages and animals are welcome.
Your early registration will help us in ordering (more accurately) the technical shirts. If you don’t have time to read this long post, simply Click Here to Register.
March 7, 2015 is the date for the 10th Annual Chase Race and Paws. The event is only 47 days away. An entry form is attached. You may also register online at www.chaserace.info. Some of the amenities for this year’s event include:
- Third year for the new course – the race will start/finish at Simon Park, 805 Spring St., Conway.
- One loop course. No out and back sections. Last ¾ mile is downhill for an unbelievable fast finish.
- Technical Tee shirts. The shirts are A-4 and are from a new fabric that will be woven and runner friendly. Adult female Tees will be “V” neck except for youth sizes (regular Tees will be provided for youth).
- $100 cash to Male or Female that breaks their respective overall time record.
- Complimentary 2016 Entry Form to anyone who breaks an age group record.
- A total of 195 unique trophies will be awarded. Five deep in most age groups.
- Ribbons to all finishers.
- Chip timing, including start mat.
- Participate or watch as over 200 pets run/walk the one-mile leashed to their human.
- Enjoy a delightful Pet Costume Pageant (celebrity judges includes our police chief, circuit judges, and others).
- Rescued Pet Parade
- Pet adoptions
- Chase Race & Paws is a non-profit event. All proceeds from the event are donated to “Arkansas Children’s Hospital” for brain trauma research and “Friends of Conway Animal Shelter” for care and/or treating rescued animals annually. Proceeds from the previous 9 years of the race totaled $103,000. Each agency has received $51,500. Thank you Conway and all race participants.
Please bring a lawn chair for the enjoyment of the refreshments, Pet Costume Pageant, and awards ceremony. Pizza, hot dogs and Chick-Fil-A will be back this year.
The race is an excellent “check 2-mile” to determine your running improvement from last year.
Runners/Walkers/Pets: to your mark…………..…8 AM March 7!
Don L. Potter
Click Here to Register
Due to the overwhelming response to the downtown Conway location, the 2015 Chase Race will be held downtown Conway again! And once again, it will be the Arkansas RRCA State 2 mile championship race.
Online registration is now open. We hope to see you on March 7th for a great little race to support a great big cause!
The 2014 Grand Prix calendar is out and the Chase Race has been selected to be the RRCA state championship 2- mile race for the 2015 season. Our association with the Arkansas Grand Prix racing circuit is an important part of our race, bringing competitive runners from running clubs all over the state to run and support our event. We encourage runners of all levels to join a local running club and become part of the Grand Prix circuit.
If you live in the Conway area, join the Conway Running Club and if not, visit the Grand Prix site and find a running club in your area.
The 2014 Chase Race was a huge success.
Click Here to see some of the race photos (Thanks Cindy Stage for sending us this link).
Click Here to see photos taken by the Log Cabin.
Click Here to see photos taken by Arkansas Online.
Click Here for Race Results.
We hope this website provides you all of the basic information you need to get excited about the Chase Race, register for the Chase Race, know how to get to the Chase Race and have an overall great experience at the Chase Race. The best way to stay in touch with the fun details and behind the scenes information about this great event is to Like us on Facebook. Go ahead, click on the image to the right and LIKE the Chase Race and Paws.