We need volunteers on race day so if you are not running, CLICK HERE to sign up to join the fun as a volunteer. It’s a great way to be a part of the race and we really need your help and appreciate your time. You’ll receive a really cool 2018 Chase Race volunteer shirt!!
March 10, 2018 is the date for the 13th Annual Chase Race and Paws.
Your early registration will help us in ordering (more accurately) the technical shirts. Register by 2/21/2018 to guarantee a race t-shirt!REGISTER NOW!
Some of the amenities for this year’s event include:
- Part of the 2018 Arkansas Grand Prix Series!
- The race will start/finish at Simon Park, 805 Front Street, Downtown Conway.
- Out/back course. Last ¾ mile is downhill for an unbelievable fast finish.
- The course will be coned so as to keep fast & slower runners apart.
- Tech Unisex t-shirts. Chase Race Shirt Sizing
- $100 cash to Male or Female that breaks their respective overall time record.
- Complimentary 2019 Entry Form to anyone who breaks an age group record.
- A total of 195 unique trophies will be awarded. Five deep in most age groups.
- Medals to all finishers.
- Disposable Chip timing, including start mat. Gun time for 1-mile leashed dog race.
- Participate or watch as over 200 pets run/walk the one-mile leashed to their human.
- Enjoy a delightful Pet Costume Pageant with celebrity judges.
- Rescued Pet Parade
- Pet adoptions
- Chase Race & Paws is a non-profit event. All proceeds from this event are donated to “Haven” a group home for adolescent teens and “Friends of Conway Animal Shelter” for care and/or treating rescued animals annually. Proceeds from the previous 13 years of the race totaled $135,000. Each agency has received $67,500. Thank you Conway and all race participants.
Please bring a lawn chair for the enjoyment of the refreshments, Pet Costume Pageant, and awards ceremony. Hot dogs and other refreshments available to participants and their family.
The race is an excellent “speed check 2-mile” that may be used to determine your running improvement from last year.
Runners/Walkers/Pets: to your mark…………..…8 AM March 10!
Don L. Potter
Click Here to Register
The 2017 Chase Race starts and finishes at Simon Park, downtown Conway. The course is flat and fast for the runners, walkers and pets. Simon Park is located in the heart of downtown Conway, one block south of Toad Suck Square.
To get there, you take I-40 to Exit 127, then turn west towards downtown. This is Oak Street. Proceed on Oak Street to Front Street, which is the last street before the railroad tracks. As soon as you pass Walgreens on Oak Street, start looking for a parking place. You can either park on the street or in some of the empty parking lots around downtown. Make your way to Front Street and you can’t miss Simon Park.
The 2017 Grand Prix calendar is out and the Chase Race has been selected to be the RRCA state championship 2- mile race for the 2017 season. Our association with the Arkansas Grand Prix racing circuit is an important part of our race, bringing competitive runners from running clubs all over the state to run and support our event. We encourage runners of all levels to join a local running club and become part of the Grand Prix circuit.
We hope this website provides you all of the basic information you need to get excited about the Chase Race, register for the Chase Race, know how to get to the Chase Race and have an overall great experience at the Chase Race. The best way to stay in touch with the fun details and behind the scenes information about this great event is to Like us on Facebook. Go ahead, click on the image to the right and LIKE the Chase Race and Paws.